Whether you’re a first time mom going through your postpartum recovery, an experienced currently pregnant mom awaiting your 3rd little one but struggling with the aches and pains, or even if you’ve been a mom for 10-15 years dealing with niggles here and there, there is a new and exciting treatment that you’ve probably never heard of that can really help!
These days our schedules are nonstop between taking the kids to their activities, providing a healthy meal for our families, getting our own workouts in, and all the while, managing a high stress job. We are bound to experience aches and pain that leave us feeling frustrated and exhausted. The good news is, there is something that can be done to address your issues and get you on a path towards full recovery.
So many women are dealing with rotator cuff injuries, frozen shoulder, wrist or elbow tendonitis, knee pain, back pain, neck pain, and even plantar fasciitis. Many of them have
tried traditional methods to recover such as physical therapy, massage therapy and chiropractic treatment with very little success. These conditions can be stubborn and
oftentimes require something else to help accelerate the healing process.
EPAT or Extracorporeal Pulse Activation Technology, also known as shockwave therapy, is an exciting treatment option for people dealing with any type of pain because it improves tissue healing for an area that has degenerated due to poor blood flow, weakness, or overuse injury. Even better, EPAT Shockwave has a proven success rate that is equal to or greater than that of traditional treatment methods, without the typical risks, complications, or lengthy recovery times. For this reason, EPAT Shockwave is a popular alternative to treatment methods such as surgery. It can be used independently to accelerate the healing process and even in conjunction with other treatment methods such as physical therapy, massage therapy, or chiropractic treatment to recover quicker.
EPAT Shockwave therapy sends tiny, powerful pulses of energy and vibrations into specific areas of your body. Through these targeted efforts, we can accelerate the natural healing process so you can start feeling better faster. This treatment creates microtrauma (tiny injuries) that tell your body, “Hey, we need to fix this.” As a result, we are able to experience increased blood flow, reduced inflammation, and pain reduction amongst many other benefits.
Shockwave Therapy is most commonly used to treat a variety of conditions and issues such as:
● Plantar Fasciitis
● Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome
● Shoulder Tendinopathy
● Frozen Shoulder
● Tennis Elbow
● Golfer’s Elbow
● Achilles Tendinopathy
● Stress Fractures
While the exact benefits you experience may vary depending on your specific issues and how your body reacts, typically you can expect to experience the following:
1. Pain Reduction: Shockwave therapy stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers, and interferes with pain signals, leading to reduced perception of pain.
2. Tissue Repair and Regeneration: The mechanical stress from shockwaves triggers cellular responses, promoting the release of growth factors. This, in turn, stimulates the healing process and encourages the regeneration of damaged tissues.
3. Improved Blood Circulation: Shockwaves enhance blood flow by dilating blood vessels in the treated area. This increased circulation ensures better delivery of oxygen and nutrients, while also aiding in the removal of waste products.
4. Reduced Inflammation: Shockwave therapy may modulate the inflammatory response by influencing production of many healing enzymes, leading to a reduction in inflammation and associated symptoms.
5. Fast Recovery: By promoting accelerated healing and tissue repair, shockwave therapy can contribute to a faster recovery compared to traditional treatments.
If you’re dealing with any type of overuse injury that’s leaving you experiencing pain in your shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle or foot, shockwave could be the one thing that can help you.
Shockwave is a super diverse treatment backed by a myriad of case studies, sciences, and evidence. Through its multifaceted ability to treat a wide range of conditions, Shockwave Therapy may be the one treatment that will finally work for you.
If you are curious about learning more about Shockwave Therapy and are interested in seeing if Shockwave Therapy might be right for you, our team is here to support you!
Click here to book a call with one of our awesome team members to learn how shockwave can help you get out of pain:
Or, if you want to talk to someone sooner or set up a FREE 30 minute TRIAL of Shockwave Therapy Treatment, text us ‘shockwave trial’ at 973-310-2678!
This article was written by Dr. Tejal Ramaiya of Body Moksha Physical Therapy. Be sure to follow her on social media below: