The week between Christmas and New Year can be hard to keep the family occupied, especially this year where we can’t travel as freely to see family. To help keep the boredom away, here are a few ideas of things to do while school is out!
- Check out the local Holiday lights! Grab some take out dinner to eat in the car, and drive around local neighborhoods to see all the festive lights. Here is a great guide from New Jersey Family with a long list of local houses/neighborhoods with great decorations!
- Give Back to the Local Community! Involve the kids and find a way to donate to those less fortunate this season. We have a helpful guide here of local organizations accepting all kinds of donations!
- Shop & Eat Local! We have amazing local restaurants and shops that would LOVE your business! If you need some help, we have shopping & dining sections in our Resources section that will help you get started on that takeout order.
- Go for a Winter Walk/Hike! We have amazing local walks and trails and now is a perfect time to take advantage. Check out our list of favorites here, bundle up and head out!
- Crafts! We have a bunch of craft ideas from Smocks Paper Scissors on our blog here, here and here!
- Ice Skating! Several of our local towns have outdoor ice skating rinks. You can check here for the status of Madison, here for Chatham and here for Bayne Park rink in Harding.